A summary of the procedure
1. It is very important to follow the instructions correctly to get the best results
2. Once started it is obligatory to take more cleanses until all stones are removed. These should be taken a minimum of 2 weeks and a maximum of 2 months apart.
3. Optional preparation: Take 1x 1 liter of (packaged apple juice for 6 days prior to the cleanse (last day being the day of the cleanse) please read book for possible unsuitability.
4. Diet (ideally starting one week before and finishing one week after)
Avoid all cold or chilled foods or drinks
Avoid all dairy products, fish, fried foods, meat, bread, tea, coffee
Eat a normal diet but do not overeat
Take supper between 5pm and 6.30pm latest.
Stop all non-essential medications, vitamins and supplements.
6. If digestion is poor, it is good to take 3 teaspoons of castor oil + a pinch of ginger in some warm water before going to bed.
Do this NO MORE than once a week for some weeks prior to the cleanse-
Consult an Ayurvedic physician if you have a serious health problem before doing this part.
Choose a night and a following day when you can take total rest.
Before going to bed take 3 teaspoons of castor oil + a pinch of dried ginger in some warm water.
No need to consult a doctor for one castor oil cleanse.
1. You should experience good bowel movement(s) in the morning.
Do not eat until the movements have stopped.
Eat a light breakfast. No bread. No oils or butter or milk.
Drink plenty of water through the day. Minimum 2 litres.
Take lunch at 1pm latest. NO FOOD AFTER 2PM (you may feel very ill if you break this rule)
Enjoy eating only steamed vegetables and white basmati rice.
No spices or oils.
3. 5.45pm : Dissolve 4 tablespoons of Epsom salts in 750ml water (24fl oz) and divide into 4 glasses.
6.00pm : Take the 1st glass Epsom salts
8.00 pm : Take the 2nd glass Epsom salts
Prepare for bed
9.15pm : IF no bowel movement take an enema of warm water to promote bowel action.
9.45pm : Wash and squeeze ¾ glass of juice from either pink grapefruits or equal quantities
of orange and lemons. Add 4 fl oz (112mls) of organic cold pressed olive oil.
Whiz or shake to mix.
10.00pm. If you are still having bowel movements wait an extra 10 minutes (no more)
Stand by your bed. Take Olive oil in one go if possible (taste is good!)
Lie down on your back immediately with head higher than the stomach.
Close eyes, put attention on the liver area (just below ribs!) for 20 mins.
Turn over and go to sleep. If you need to get up for the bathroom it is OK.
You may feel nauseous or if the the liver releases stones quickly you may even be sick (oil is thrown back into the stomach) This is rare.
It is important to get a good night’s sleep, if awake just rest-no moving around, reading etc.
6.30 am If thirsty drink warm water
Take the 3rd glass of Epsom salts
Rest sitting up. Read or meditate.
(Our experience is that bowel movements start within ½ hour and you then need to be close to the bathroom).
8.30 am Take the 4th glass of Epsom salts.
10.30 am Drink one glass of fresh fruit juice
11.00 am Eat one portion fresh fruit (not bananas)
12.30pm Take a simple meal of steamed vegetables and a grain.
Return to an easy light diet for the rest of the day.
Drink plenty of water and do not overeat.
Keep to a normal, clean, light diet for a minimum of 4-5 days. Keep off bread, white sugar, cheese, meat, fish, eggs, tea and coffee.
Bowels will take some days to return to normal.
If you feel (or see) you are still cleansing for some days afterwards, buy as best quality pure Aloe Vera juice as you can get (98% best)
Take 1 tablespoon in a little water before each meal.
If you feel you are not cleansing properly (maybe distention, cramps gas etc) repeat the castor oil treatment (as on first day) at night.